WHAT WE OFFER
Voice of Witness offers oral history trainings, workshops, and curricular support to a wide variety of educators, storytellers, organizations, and social justice advocates. Our interactive process introduces the skills, ethics, and social significance of creating oral history, as exemplified by Voice of Witness and other leading practitioners in the field.
Each consultancy is tailored to the client’s needs, which might include:
- Using storytelling to empower the constituents you serve
- Consulting on curricular resources
- Learning how to best understand and share your organization’s work
- Developing specific storytelling projects
Consultancy costs (planning, materials, transportation, and facilitation) and timelines are determined on a case-by-case basis. We also offer a limited number of “high touch, high impact” consultancy engagements for clients seeking more in-depth support.
In an effort to be as inclusive as possible, our fee for service operates on a sliding scale. We ask that participants or their supporting schools and organizations contribute at whatever level their budget can accommodate. This allows us to work with a broad spectrum of teachers and learners.
- Copies of Voice of Witness books: $24.95 per book
- Educator support (two hours of curricular planning via phone, email or in person): $250
- Single class visit (60-90 minutes, includes planning, materials, and transportation*): $400
- Half-day class visit (two classes of 60-90 minutes + prep): $750
- Day-long site visit (three classes of 60-90 minutes + prep): $1,200
*Transportation costs for out-of-state engagements require additional funds for travel and accommodation