VOLUNTEER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Our books would not be possible without the tireless dedication of volunteer researchers, interviewers, transcribers, translators, grant writers, photographers, and designers, whose names and contributions can be found on our volunteer network page.
We’re always looking for people who are willing to donate their time and skills to the project. If you are interested in helping Voice of Witness, see our current opportunities below.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS
We are currently looking for help with the following:
- Graphic design
- Web development for WordPress
- Translating/transcribing interviews (must be fluent in Haitian Creole) for our upcoming title about post-earthquake Haiti
- Special projects for the Voice of Witness Education Program
If you’d like to help, please contact Luke Gerwe, Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give a brief description of how you can assist us, and how much time you can give. Indicate whether you’re interested in volunteering specific skills, or in an internship. Please provide a resume whenever possible.
SPRING 2016 INTERNSHIP
The Voice of Witness Education Program is seeking a part-time (ten hours per week) intern from January – June 2016. If you have the availability and are interested in gaining skills related to oral history and education, we encourage you to apply!
The Education Program Intern’s duties will include:
• Administrative support
• Social media support
• Assisting education staff with upcoming book about community-based oral histories
• Assisting education staff with workshops and trainings
• Conducting curricular research for upcoming book titles, creating supplementary educational materials, promoting resources
We are committed to providing a fulfilling and educational experience for our intern, and welcome feedback about each candidate’s specific interests as they relate to the internship.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Claire Kiefer, Education Program Associate, at email@example.com.